Here are a list of my favorite books and references on Competitive Intelligence. The links to these books are my Amazon affiliate links.
- Bensoussan, Babette and Fleisher, Craig. “Business and Competitive Analysis: Effective Application of New and Classic Methods”
- Christensen, Clayton “Seeing What’s Next: Using Theories of Innovation to Predict Industry Change”
- Christensen, Clayton “The Innovator’s Dilemma: The Revolutionary Book that Will Change the Way You Do Business (Collins Business Essentials)”
- Garland, Eric “Future, Inc.: How Businesses Can Anticipate and Profit from What’s Next”
- Heuer, Richard and Pherson, Randolph “Structured Analytic Techniques for Intelligence Analysis”
- Porter, Michael “Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors”
- Sharp, Seena. “Competitive Intelligence Advantage”
Basics definitions of competitive intelligence, including code of ethics and dictionary of terms of practice.
A division of a professional association devoted to applications of library sciences, specifically related to research topics in CI with resources, audio recordings and on-line training.
The leading institution for undergraduate and graduate education of intelligence professionals in national security, law enforcement and commercial intelligence practices. The site includes access to case studies and project reports.
Published by the CIA and made available to the public, a recognized valuable resource on the cognitive process by which intelligence analysts (including those in the private sector) transform unprocessed data into formal intelligence products.
A wiki-based project of CI academics and professionals attempting to capture the breadth of practice in the field.